What is The EPIC Foundation
The EPIC Foundation is a 501C3 non-profit organization that provides support, advocacy, and tools to those affected by chronic illnesses. The foundation staff, which includes trained psychologists, provides various resources to support patients and their caregivers.
The EPIC Foundation uniquely embraces the mind, body, and spirit!
The Empowering People with Invisible Chronic Illness (EPIC) Foundation is a 501C3 nonprofit organization that seeks to empower those living with chronic illnesses. Our mission is to provide the emotional support, advocacy, and tools to empower chronically ill patients and caregivers to thrive!
For more information about Dr. Karen, go here: https://epictogether.org/meet-the-doctor/
For more information about the birth of the org, go here: https://epictogether.org/birth-of-epic-foundation/
What The EPIC Foundation Does
The following is what you can expect from The EPIC Foundation:
- Advocacy of chronic illness warriors and their loved ones in various ways including but not limited to our patient and caregiver support services (we have staff who answer our patient support line, do active patient outreach, are available to answer questions and provide support via e mail and other outlets), HIPAA compliant interventions during hospitalizations and ER Visits with hospital administration and staff, insurance appeal services, conducting research for viable and credible resources.
- Next level support and Advocacy by (not limited to) researching provider network status for patients who seek our help, providing assistance with service dog/animal rules and regulations, providing literature and educational information on a confirmed diagnosis, providing support with medical records organization and related options to track and maintain documentation and anything relevant to maintaining health, assisting members with outstanding goals and expectations for conditions, discharge planning and support, and preparing patients for appointments. In addition, in-person support groups are anticipated across the US and Canada once we get through the current pandemic.
- Research, educational materials, and conferences: This includes ongoing research towards the advancement of awareness of the various chronic illnesses we service, current literature on The EPIC Foundation website and maintenance of such, and other educational resources such as educational brochures on the various illnesses. Conferences geared towards increasing knowledge on how to live and thrive with chronic illnesses are hosted by The EPIC Foundation. The foundation hosted events prior to the pandemic and plans to resume planning of an in-person conference towards the empowerment of chronic illness warriors once it is safe to do so. Monies raised by
EPIC go towards the conference itself and the sponsoring of individuals to attend the conference.
- Empowering People with Invisible Chronic Illness-The EPIC Foundation has the goal of providing financial assistance to patients towards medical needs including expenses related to seeking a diagnosis, current medical expenses including for medications that are not covered by eligible insurance, and other needs that are deemed necessary for sustaining life or maintaining an optimal quality of life. In addition, we provide support materials including educational brochures and literature, empowerment products such as T-Shirts, bracelets, and stress balls for instance, and products towards improvement of health including TTapp workout DVDs, our endorsed method of movement for patients.
- Our fundraising also contributes to expenses related to sustaining and maintaining The EPIC Foundation such as keeping important information on our website available to you, keeping our support phone lines open and maintaining platforms like Zoom to have support groups and educational webinars.
SUPER POWER Campaign:
In November, 2020, Empowering People with Invisible Chronic Illness-The EPIC Foundation launched a worldwide campaign called, “What is Your Superpower” where we give patients and caregivers the opportunity to reframe their narrative to think about what strengths have been developed from thriving with invisible chronic illness. This is an ongoing campaign.
Please feel free to write us about your super powers to email@example.com
You can also post a video on any social media platform such as FB, Twitter, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat! #EPICSuperPower #EPICWarrior
Dr. Karen’s superhero name is “Black Wonder”. Her superpowers include:
- I am a voice for the voiceless!
- I am a strong self-advocate towards optimal health!
- I provide empathic support to those who are hurting all over the world!
- I Increase awareness of chronic illnesses to the world to help save lives!
- I may not “look sick” but I kick butt to thrive every single day!